Migration to Passwork 6
In version 6 of Passwork, we have improved encryption methods, modified and optimized data structures, and removed outdated code. This has improved the stability and speed of Passwork. That is why a special migration is required to move to version 6, which will prepare and, if necessary, re-encrypt your data. We have tried to make the migration process as convenient as possible, but it still requires manual action from your administrators.
💡 It is important to complete all migration steps, as Passwork 6 cannot work with an unprocessed 5th version database.
Migration includes several steps:
- First, you need to upgrade to version 5.4, which includes migration algorithms and a special Migration to Passwork 6 page available through the menu.
- Run the initial data processing on the Migration to Passwork 6 page. If your Passwork contains a large amount of data or users, you may need to run a special script on your server (only your server administrator can do this).
- Migrate the data — Passwork will determine if you have client-side encryption enabled and whether data needs to be re-encrypted. If so, you will see information about the vaults that need to be re-encrypted. The re-encryption process will take place on the Migration to Passwork 6 page right in your browser, without any additional action on your part.
- After successfully completing steps 2-3, you will see a message indicating the completion of the migration. You will need to log into the Passwork client portal and confirm the completion of the migration. After that, you can download the new Passwork 6 version.
- Upgrade Passwork to version 6 using the Windows Server installer or by following the appropriate instructions for Linux.
❗ It is crucial to create a backup of your data. Without a backup, the Passwork technical support team will not be able to assist in data recovery if the migration does not proceed as expected.
To migrate, you need to log in to Passwork as an administrator or owner.
1. Update to 5.4
2. Data processing
3. Data migration
Passwork 6 will check if migration has been completed. If migration has not been completed, Passwork will display a message asking you to return to version 5.4. All other Passwork features will be unavailable.
In this case, you need to return to version 5.4.
If you are using Passwork on Windows Server, after migration, version 5.4 will still be available in the client portal, and you can install it using manual update:
If you are using Linux, follow these instructions:
In case of technical problems, contact technical support.