Installation on a new server
- Run as an administrator
Once you choose the new installation, you'll be brought to the primary dialog. The installer will offer to install Passwork from the archive by default. You can get this archive from the customer portal:
You can install the newest version for your license using the certificate number from the customer portal.
You have three options when it comes to installing an SSL certificate and configuring HTTPS operation:
- Do not installYou will only use HTTP access with a default port of 5353.
- From a file (using your existing SSL certificate)HTTPS access will be configured with a default port of 443. The certificate needs to be in PFX format.
- Self signed certificateHTTPS access will be configured with a default port of 443. The certificate is self-signed, allowing you to test a browser extension. This certificate won't work for mobile applications.
After installation, you will find shortcuts on your desktop and in the Start menu to open your default internet browser with the Passwork host - server.domain.name. When you open it, you will go to the first setup page of the application:
- Desktop shortcut - http://server.domain.name:5353
- Shortcuts in the Startup menu - Update, Repair, Uninstall
- Static path to the site files - C:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\passwork
- Static name of the site in IIS - Passwork Web Site
- Default ports - 5353/HTTP, 443/HTTPS. Can be changed in IIS → Edit Bindings: