Migration (if Passwork is already installed on your server)
💡 Migration allows you to switch to using Passwork Setup tool. This will make it easier to update to new versions and roll back to previous versions if necessary.
There are two scenarios available in the migration dialog:
- A simple migration to the latest version available in your license
- Migration with a backup copy of your current installation
- Run as an administrator
1. Path to the current configuration file, default is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\app\config\config.ini
2. The way of updating the code:
- From archive (previously downloaded from customer portal)
- Online (using certificate number)
3. SSL settings options
4. Additionally you can create a backup of your current installation
The migration will create
- A shortcut on your desktop — http://server.domain.name:5353.
- Shortcuts in the Start menu — Update, Repair, Uninstall
- Static path to the site files — C:\inetpub\wwwroot\passwork
- Static site name in IIS — Passwork Web Site
💡 It is important:
Migration does not remove the old version of Passwork. You have to do the deletion manually if necessary.
Check that the new Passwork Web Site does not conflict with the old Default Web Site
Check that the Bindings for Passwork Web Site do not conflict with your other sites
It is recommended to disable all sites except Passwork Web Site (if Passwork is only one web site on your server)